FINANCIAL CONTROLLER, FINANCE DIRECTOR DESIGNATE
- Location: Manchester
- Remuneration: £60 - £80k basic (negotiable)
- Benefits: Pension matching 5% salary contribution. Company discount. Cashback healthcare. Life cover 4 x salary. 25 days holiday plus 5 bank holidays
Reedmace Solutions Ltd is proud to exclusively represent a well-established Manchester based retailer in the search for a Financial Controller, Finance Director Designate. This is an exciting time of rapid transformation and digitalisation, ignited by a recent acquisition, which presents a fantastic career opportunity for a Financial Controller, Finance Director Designate who really wants to make a difference to a high-potential company and circa 300 employees.
With stores UK wide and head office in Manchester, this retailer is on a mission to transform its financial position and ecommerce capabilities to deliver rapid bottom-line growth.
Based in Manchester, Reporting directly into the Managing Director, with board level input, the successful Financial Controller, Finance Director Designate will be responsible for leading and growing a small team. The core focus will be reducing unnecessary costs and driving efficiency of the business, starting with management reporting capabilities, ecommerce and IT systems.
The successful Financial Controller, Finance Director Designate will enjoy a fast paced and intellectually challenging role, with the opportunity to make significant commercial gains, in addition to clear career progression to Finance Director. Strong performance will also be well rewarded with a fantastic bonus scheme.
- Based in Manchester with occasional UK travel
- Managing and growing a small finance team
- Change management and leadership
- Helping deliver organisational and digital transformation
- Responsibility for financial controls across the organisation
- Ownership of regulatory and statutory reporting
- Delivery of month-end reporting packs for the board
- Devise, implement and deliver finance division improvements
- Working with key stakeholders to deliver commercial gains
- Relationship management of internal and external stakeholders
- Managing external audits
THE IDEAL PERSON:
- Qualified Accountant with CIMA qualification
- 5+ years PQE
- IT savvy with particular interest in Ecommerce
- Familiar with Epicor ERP
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Background in retail (Store + Ecommerce) or experience working for businesses with similar operating models.
- Has worked at companies with turnover in excess of £10m
- Hands-on, agent for change, with strong prioritisation skills
- Commercially astute with excellent people-management skills
- Confident working with and raising businesses cases at board of directors
- Relishes working in a fast paced environment
- Able to commute to Manchester daily
To deliver an outstanding experience for all candidates, Reedmace Solutions have agreed the following process and interview dates:
CV & Telephone screening: Immediately
Shortlisting: 13th July 2020
Interview Stage 1: 15th / 16th July 2020
Interview Stage 2: 22nd / 23rd July 2020
Expected hiring decision: Before the end of July 2020